This is a notice to the community of a recent security incident in the community.
Home Burglary and Car Theft most likely the night of November 4, 2022.
Anyone with video of suspicious activity around 2361 S Zinnia on this date- please share with the Mesa PD.
Our Board member of Security and Safety has also set up our website to allow for residents to register your cameras at https://www.svehoa.com/forms-documents/.
Some helpful reminders:
* Make your home look occupied, and make it difficult to break in.
* Lock all outside doors and windows before you leave the house or go to bed.
* Keep your garage door closed and locked.
* Don’t allow daily deliveries of mail, newspapers or flyers build up while you are away. Arrange with the Post Office to hold your mail, or arrange for a friend or neighbor to take them regularly.
* Arrange for your lawn to be mowed if you are going away for an extended time.
* Check your locks on doors and windows and replace them with secure devices as necessary.
* Push button locks on doorknobs are easy for burglars to open. Install deadbolt locks on all your outside doors.
Sliding glass doors are vulnerable. Special locks are available for better security.
* Other windows may need better locks. Check with a locksmith or hardware store for alternatives.
* Don’t share your vacation plans on social media.
Sourced from “Tips to Prevent Burglary”, Firestone Colorado, n.d.
Also, SVE has an active Neighborhood Watch Program and we encourage all residents to be involved. If you are interested in joining your neighborhood watch group or would like more information, please contact Gary or Boyd at firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-628-5766.
Our after-hours security is from 7:30pm-5am and can be reached at 480-430-5043.